Trading derivative, securities or spot contracts may not be suitable for all investors.
You may lose a substantial amount of money in a very short period of time. The amount
you may lose is potentially unlimited and can exceed the amount you originally deposit
with Ellipsys. Derivative or Spot trading is highly leveraged, with a relatively
small amount of money used to take a position in assets having a much greater value.
If you are uncomfortable with this level of risk, you should not trade these contracts.
The risk of loss in trading in Foreign Exchange and Derivative Contracts can be
substantial. You should therefore carefully consider whether trading is appropriate
for you. Should you choose to trade, please note the following:
- You could sustain a total loss of the initial margin funds that you deposit with
Helios to establish or maintain a position in Foreign Exchange and/or CFDs Contract
- If the market price moves against your position, you may be required, at short notice,
to deposit additional funds in order to maintain your position. Those additional
funds may be substantial. If you fail to provide those additional funds within the
required time, your position may be liquidated at a loss and in that event you will
be liable for any shortfall in your account resulting from that failure;
- There can be conditions when it could become difficult or impossible for you to
liquidate a position (this can, for example, happen when there is a large change
in prices in a short period);
- The placing of contingent orders (such as a "stop-loss" order) may not always limit
your losses to the amounts that you may want. Conditions may make it impossible
to execute such orders;
- A "spread" position is not necessarily less risky than simply "long" or "short"
- If you wish to trade in options, the maximum loss in buying an option is the amount
of the premium, however the risks of selling an option are the same as Foreign Exchange
This statement does not disclose all of the risks and other significant aspects
involved in trading Foreign Exchange and Derivative Contracts. You should therefore
study Foreign Exchange and Derivative Contracts carefully before trading in it.